The GreenWaterDrone consortium consists of 5 distinguished technical and scientific partners that develop the scientific, technological and business concepts of the project and 4 producers that will support the on-site testing, validation and demonstration of project's outcome.
Stavros Alexandris, Associate Professor of the Agricultural University of Athens (AUA, www.aua.gr ), is the scientific supervisor of the project, while George Kakaletris, founding member of CITE (full name Communication & Information Technologies Experts SA, www.cite. gr ) is the project coordinator.
The implementation group
Agricultural University of Athens (AUA) is the scientific coordinator of the project, leading the activities that manage crop models, their calibration, ground station installation and management and overall quality assurance - from the scientific and practical stand point - of the project results.
Core team members:
- Stavros Alexandris, Associate Professor AUA (Project Scientific Responsible)
- Emmanouil Psomiadis, Assistant Professor AUA
- Nikolaos Proutsos (MSc, PhD), Associate Researcher HAO “DEMETER”
- Dr. Ioannis Charalampopoulos, Laboratory Teaching Staff
- Stelios Vasilakis (MSc), Agricultural Engineer
- Eleni Magda Papoutsi, Agronomist AUA
University of the Peloponnese, Department of Digital Systems contributes to the project technology with guidance and implementation on the aspects of coordination and fusion of data sources, as well as the coordination of activities such as requirements elicitation and validation of project's results.
CITE - (Communication & Information Technologies Experts S.A.,) is the coordinator of the project and implementer of IT technologies required for the project. CITE develops the technology that handles land and crop information, handle data coming from aerial and ground sensors, executes models for CWSI calculation and delivers the information to the producers via numerous channels, such as the web and mobile devices. CITE also provides the IT infrastructure to test and validate project’s results.
Core team members:
- Project Coordinator: Georgios Kakaletris (senior solution architect / researcher).
- Core implementation team: Papanikos Georgios (solution architect / researcher), Apostolopoulos Konstantinos (software engineer / researcher), Floros Vasilis (software engineer / researcher), Giannopoulos Stratis (senior software engineer / researcher), Tsalamandris Anastasios (consultant / researcher), et al.
- Contributors: Loxou Nina (administration), Sidiropoulou Olga (design).
Altus LSA is contributing the aerial unmanned vehicle engagement aspect of the project, by selecting and providing appropriate instruments and sensors to power the collection of real time data from crops and fields, as well as the pipeline for delivering the gathered data to the infrastructure services for further analysis. Altus also operates the flights throughout the project.
ITCS Ltd is the principal consultant of the project that leads the activities on business modeling and further consulting on the sustainability of the project, in order to power financially viable results.
Selected crops are initially targeted by the project in the area of Trifilia in Peloponnese. The access to the project on crop fields is granted to GreenWaterDrone by four distinguished producers of the area, that are participating in the GreenWaterDrone consortium. They are:
- Mr. Xirokostas Nikolaos
- Mr. Papadopoulos Haralambos
- Mr. Kallianis Georgios
- Mr. Malamos Konstantinos
Depending on the targeted crop, access to visit the fields, install equipment and observe the crops is granted by the producers several times within the project lifetime.
The Peloponnese region
Since project's definition, the Regional unit of Messinia of Peloponnese Region and the Department of Rural Economy and Veterinary in Trifylia is actively supporting the GreenWaterDrone endeavour by motivating and facilitating contact with, and engagement of, local production units.